Tee Ball Guidelines -- Salem Youth Baseball
1) PURPOSES: FUN, SAFETY, BASIC SKILLS, GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP
2) Practices and games will be held once a week. Practices will be a “camp” style, with all teams practicing at the same time using stations.
3) Players will hit from a tee until a designated point in the season at which we transition to coach pitch
4) Each team will bat through the order every half inning, until coaches are comfortable playing to 3 outs an inning.
5) All players present play in the field defensively each inning (extra outfielders are permitted).
6) The ball is put into play when all defensive players are in ready position as indicated by the defensive coach.
The ball is then put onto the tee by the offensive coach
7) If a coach is pitching to a player, the player is allowed three pitches from the coach. If they are not able to get a hit in the three pitches, then they need to return to the tee for the remainder of that at bat.
8) There are no strikeouts. .
9) A ball that falls from the tee because the batter hit’s the tee is considered a foul ball.
10) Bunting is not allowed at this level.
11) Walks are not awarded.
12) Runners cannot advance to the next base on an overthrow.
13) Leading is not allowed at this level. The runner can’t leave the base until the ball is hit.
14) Stealing bases is not allowed at this level.
15) Sliding is discouraged at this level.
16) THERE ARE NO ON DECK BATTERS SWINGING BATS!!!!!!!!!
The next batter does not pick up the bat until the previous play is completed.
17) No player picks up a bat until they have a batting helmet on. No exceptions.